Pupils at the Sixth Grade Academy recently traveled to Asia!
The children spanned the continent on a giant map supplied by National Geographic. The map was on hand at the academy for two weeks, spent time in the gym and all the social studies classes participated in the journey to foreign soil.
The classes visited the highest and lowest places on Earth, braved the Arctic Tundra and walked the Gobi Desert. They enjoyed the hands-on experience, played games and learned plenty while working in their teams. The trip was a big success.
According to Shironne Calhoun, Sixth Grade Academy Social Studies teachers, the students had plenty to say after their journey:
- "We should do this again, it was fun."
- "I learned a lot about Asia while doing cool activities."
- "I would love to have an experience like this again."
- "The map was a fun way to learn."
- "I like learning like this."