By Melissa Skopczynski
Truman High School Principal
Happy Friday Everyone!
The first full week of school at Truman High School is complete and I know most of you are feeling just like I do, that we never left! I greatly appreciate everyone's attendance at the open house on Tuesday. We got a lot of positive feedback from parents and they were quite impressed with the staff, building and programs we have to offer our students.
We continue to get more new students on a daily basis and our enrollment is up to about 1,100 students, which is very exciting. I also appreciate everyone's patience as the counselors attempt to balance out classes and we hopefully add some staff. Supt. Allen and Asst. Supt. Winnie have made some recommendations to the Board of Education and are awaiting approval.
I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff members who have continued to forge ahead, even though they have had larger class sizes. Not only have they made the students feel welcome, but also kept them engaged and on task. Those teachers are truly amazing individuals. Mrs. Szabo especially has rocked it out!
I would also like to thank Mrs. Rzepecki and the department heads because, without their assistance and quick action, we would not of been able to secure over 5,000 textbooks from the Inkster School District. This will not only assist teachers with instruction but also save the district thousands of dollars.
As we continue, I would just like to remind you of a few things:
- Be firm, fair, and consistent with all students, it makes life easier for all!
- Please make sure students are wearing their IDs.
- Be positive and respectful with students.
- Continue to work on building positive student relationships, especially with students that our new to the building.
- Keep students engaged with meaningful instruction.
- Communicate with parents.
- You are making a difference!
Remember: This is YOUR team, this is MY team, this is OUR team.
WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE