Following are the recipients of the 2014-2015 Taylor Public Schools Foundation for Educational Excellence mini grants.
The teachers were awarded their mock checks and balloons "Publisher Clearing House style" on Friday, November 21. The Foundation had $6,100 to award. The Taylor Alumni Association also put in $2,484 toward the Arts, with a total of $8,584 going to our students through the applications of our teachers.
The following are the recipients of the Arts and Non Arts Mini Grants:
- Randall - Donna Cahalan $1,000 for English Language Arts Tutoring/ Drama Club
- Kennedy - Andrea Bonner $3,236 for four scholarships to go to Washington DC with the Band & Chorus
- Truman - Susan E. Peterson $340 for Cross Curricular Visual Arts Development
- Randall - Kara Holstein $994.13 Math Common Core
- Hoover - Kathleen Miller and Kristine Kenzie $440 for Bringing Engineering Design into the classroom with NaSA activities
- Randall - Pam German and Jessica Hatfield $302.16 for Technology in the classroom
- Taylor Parks - Debra Zielinski $1,460.28 for Daily 5 Literacy Program /Listening Center
- Randall - Brandy McCracken $811.43 Chorus Shirts and Musical Instruments
The Foundation of Educational Excellence would like to thank all who applied.