Sunday, September 9, 2018
Taylor High School will have its open house from 5:30 until 6:45 p.m. on Friday, September 14.
The later date allows for those students who are still dropping and adding a few electives to have been finalized, which will make the open house experience more meaningful for parents and students alike.
The Randall Elementary School Parent Club got off to a great start, creating a supply cake to be given to one of the awesome teachers.
All the parents and staff had to do was to like and comment on a post from the new Randall Parent Club Facebook page.
The drawing was done on September 6 and the winner of this outstanding “cake” was Mrs. Stacy Burns, the first-second grade teacher.
Taylor School District Athletic Department has moved to a separate entrance on the Taylor High School Campus. The entrance faces Goddard Road.
The Athletic Department is located at 11010 Janet Street. For more information call 313-295-5823 or Fax 734-947-1306.
Dear Taylor School District Parents/Guardians and Community Members,
I hope this letter finds you well. The faculty and staff of the Taylor School District are so excited to welcome you back. This summer was extremely busy and we have made significant investments in instructional technology with the addition of over 2,000 Chromebooks and iPads, and the installation of Clevertouch smart boards in our classrooms.
We have added STEM technologies at all levels with the addition of virtual reality headsets, and technology integrated lessons taught in lab environments with an emphasis on experimentation and learner focused inquiry. In addition, prepared for the opening of Taylor High School by expanding the number of elective courses, added football and wrestling at the middle school to help build the athletic feeder program, and have also added competitive cheer at the High School.
In addition to the above, we have installed all new air conditioning in Taylor High School, replaced windows at a few of our elementary schools, and made upgrades to heating and cooling systems in other buildings.
These are just some more examples of how the Taylor School District is using the bond funds that the Taylor voters approved two years ago. On behalf of the students and staff of the Taylor School District, thank you again for supporting these important improvements!
The district administration is also working with the City of Taylor, SEMCA and Ford NGL to continue building our network of business and industry partners as we open Taylor High School in four district career pathway academies. By creating multiple curricular pathways within the one high school, the Taylor School District will be elevating our high school above that of our neighboring districts by providing greatly expanded foundational career and college ready opportunities for all of our students.
Welcome back to all of our returning students and a warm welcome to our new students and families. I wish everyone an amazing year and my team and we are committed to doing the very best we can to make that happen. Please don’t hesitate to call me with any questions you might have.
Superintendent, Taylor School District
734-374-1200 Ext. 10131
Welcome back to the 2018/19 school year.
It is an exciting time in the Taylor School District as much work is being done to enhance our educational opportunities for students, upgrades to facilities and grounds, as well as professional development with our staff.
Our focus is on increasing student achievement and engagement and on being an innovative destination district where ALL succeed. Our investment in the roadmap to this success includes:
- Our new mission statement is to Educate, Engage, and Empower those we serve
- A new strategic plan with six target goal areas providing structure for this work (Please visit our website at www.taylorschools.net to see the specific plan.)
- Updating our current policies and transitioning to NEOLA policies and regulations with implementation to follow
- First time ever, board self-evaluation and goal setting was performed for more effective leadership in serving our community and in advocating for the needs and success of our students and staff
- Unification of our high school students and programs under the new Taylor High School and Career Center roofs
- Rebranding of our new high school including unified band and athletic teams wearing new uniforms and with the addition of middle school football and wrestling programs
- The first school district in the area to utilize the new curricular framework of the Ford Next Generation Learning Wall to Wall academy model in collaboration with the City of Taylor and SEMCA and other community agencies and members
- New curricular opportunities for students with enhanced experiences including: Industry certifications, internships, dual enrollment, Early college and increased number of advanced placement classes so graduates leave prepared for college or the workforce or to serve in the military
- Collaboration with Wayne County Community College Downriver campus including enhanced career center culinary arts and firefighting programs
- Comprehensive and aligned curriculum district-wide
- Upgraded administrative and teaching evaluation tools (also on our website for you to view)
- Instructional coaches in each school building that support daily professional development
- Bond update: Purchase of new buses, upgrades to our facilities and grounds, and technology upgrades in our buildings including the purchase of new laptops and Clevertouch boards
- Human resources went to an online application process. (If you are interested in applying for or viewing positions go to our website and there will be a link to connect you to the online application process.)
Thank you to all who worked to make these changes possible and for their continued dedication and support of the Taylor School district and of our students.
We hope you choose to get involved with our students in our schools. Please let us know how we can serve you better.
Debbie Stellini, Board of Education President.
McDowell Elementary School held its Open House this week and there were lots of smiles as everyone did some meeting and greeting!