Sunday, February 16, 2014

MELISSA SKOPCZYNSKI: Busy days headed into a break



By Melissa Skopczynski
Truman High School Principal

I know we have had a lot of days off but I am sure everyone is looking forward to the break. Rest up, recharge and reenergize!  Hopefully the snow days are behind us and when we return from break we can get back to some normalcy.  

I want to personally thank everyone for working so hard to keep students on track and get in the required curriculum.  I also appreciate your patience with the pre-scheduling process as well as the pre-slugging for the Michigan Merit Examinations.  I know it is difficult to get things done with so many interruptions.  

I’d like to send a big shout out to our counseling department, Teri Hanning and Rosanne Woloszyk, for making everything run so smoothly.  Please keep careful track of your count because as you know: Everyone Counts, when everyone counts!

Highlights of the week:
On Wednesday we held our first PTA meeting.  Wasn't the exactly the turnout I would of hope for, but its a start.  We were able to elect officers and I met some wonderful parents who are committed to making Truman the best it can be!

On Thursday Mr. Shawn Dunbar, a Truman parent, as well as the Great Lakes Market Manager for Circle K, came by and presented us with a check from Exxon Mobile for $500 to use to enhance our math and science programs.  Mr. Dunbar was nice enough to nominate Truman and we were selected. I can't thank him and Exxon Mobile enough!!  

When we return from break the trimester will be quickly coming to an end and we will be busy with MME testing and final exams. It is hard to believe we will be soon entering our last trimester of the year.

Have a wonderful break!

Remember this is your team, this is my team, this is our team!  Together we are making a difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment