Friday, January 17, 2014

MCDOWELL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: Wurmlinger and Wurmlinger is no law firm ...



There are some future basketball stars at McDowell Elementary School!

And that was why there was excitement all around as 20 boys waited with patience and nervousness to try out for the basketball team. Asked why they wanted to play, they gave some answers that were expected … and unexpected.

Here are just a few:
  • I really like sports,
  • It's something to do
  • I like making baskets
  • Fun and more fun
  • I like to win
  • I'm good at it
  • I love to play B-ball
  • I want to play like LeBron James
  • I want to be like Michael Jordan
  • It's great exercise
  • I'm going to be a pro basketball player
  • I'm want to be famous
  • Basketball is a family friendly sport
  • (and) I am really good at it.


The school welcomes two new coaches,  Mr. Wurmlinger and Mr. Wurmlinger, who are father and son – with the son being the head coach!

We'll keep you posted on how the team does.






No comments:

Post a Comment